15 August 2015

Alliance Tournament Betting - Day 1

As you are likely aware the first round of alliance tournament matches started today. For the first time since I started playing EVE I actually have people I know flying in the tournament. This has really boosted my interest in watching the matches this year. People I have met IRL are spread across Dead Terrorists, Scary Wormhole People, A Band Apart, Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork, and of course The Bastards (who are so close with us they might as well be part of IoS anyway).

In addition to the increased interest in watching some matches I also devised a cunning plan to get myself emotionally involved with the rest of them. From the various EVE meets I've been to recently I had acquired a reasonable balance with EVE-Bet.com which was handed out as tokens. With that ISK I placed a 10 Million ISK bet on the longest odds in all 32 matches scheduled for today.

Who said there's nothing good on the TV?

The Bets

SpaceMonkey's Alliance to beat The Camel Empire
That Escalated Quickly. to beat Nulli Secunda
-affliction to beat Agony Empire
Ministry of Inappropriate Footwork to beat The WeHurt Initative
Chaos Collective to beat CAStabouts
Phoebe Freeport Republic to beat Clockwork Pineapple
Scary Wormhole People to beat The Gorgon Empire + The Gorgon Spawn
Suddenly Spaceships. to beat Exodus.
Alternate Allegiance to beat Out of Sight.
Affirmative. to beat Rote Kapelle
The Bastards. to beat Dead Terrorists
Qubec United Legions to beat The Tuskers Co.
The Kadeshi to beat Pandemic Legion
Project.Mayhem. to beat Curatores Veritatis Alliance
Easily Excited to beat Brave Collective
Nihilists Social Club to beat RAZOR Alliance
Drop the Hammer to beat Test Alliance Please Ignore
Black Legion. to beat Warlords of the Deep
404 Alliance Not Found to beat Vox Populi.
A Band Apart. to beat The G0dfathers
Tactical Narcotics Team to beat WAFFLES.
The Methodical Alliance to beat Verge of Collapse
Brothers in Arms Alliance to beat Circle-Of-Two
The Explicit Alliance to beat Hard Knocks Citizens
End of Life to beat The Afterlife.
It Must Be Jelly Cause Jam Don't Shake to beat THE R0NIN
Gone Critical to beat Together We Solo
Forsaken Federation to beat R.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N
Nerfed Alliance Go Away to beat M.I.F
Pandemic Horde to beat Shadow Cartel
Dream Fleet to beat Triumvirate.
Northern Coalition. to beat Confederation of xXPIZZAXx

You can see from the colours above (green meaning I won ISK; red meaning I lost) that by and large the odds assigned by EVE Bet were generally accurate in their estimations. I always knew this would be the case; the question was whether the higher odds on the bets I won would outweigh the many losses.

I spent 320 Million ISK betting on the 32 matches. I collected 201 Million ISK in payouts. Thus, I lost 119 Million ISK. To be honest, this wasn't as bad as I expected. I really thought I would get nothing back. My biggest saviour was The Methodical Alliance who returned 73 Million ISK after beating Verge of Collapse. As a bonus it means I have enough ISK left over to repeat the same experiment on day 2 of AT XIII. Let's see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment